Full Accidental Damage Cover

Full Accidental Damage Cover

1st Central's optional Full Accidental Damage Cover provides protection against unexpected mishaps to your home or contents.

Get a home quote
Example heading

What is Full Accidental Damage Cover?

Accidental Damage is an optional extra that can be added to your home insurance. It provides cover for sudden or unexpected accidents that can happen inside your home. 

Repairing or replacing damaged items can be expensive, and without Full Accidental Damage Cover, you could be responsible for paying the costs out of your own pocket. 

Protect your family with Full Accidental Damage Cover

Example heading

What's covered?

Full Accidental Damage covers the cost of repairs or replacements caused by sudden, unexpected damage that happens by mistake. Some damage will fall under buildings insurance and some under contents insurance.

Buildings Full Accidental Damage Cover:

  • Protection for accidental damage to your home's structure, fixtures, and external elements

Contents Full Accidental Damage Cover:

Example heading

What isn't covered?

  • Damage caused by pets i.e. chewing, tearing and fouling
  • If your home is unoccupied or unfurnished 
  • Damage caused by alterations or extensions to the property
  • General wear and tear
  • Electrical breakdown or failure
  • Read Home Insurance Policy Wording
Example heading

Need to make a claim?

You can report a new claim by using our online claim form, and one of our dedicated claims handlers will help you through each stage of the process.

If you'd rather speak to us, give us a call on 0333 043 2034.

Make a claim online

We're here to help every step of the way

If you’ve got a question about your policy, you might find the answer you’re looking for on our Help and Support page.

Frequently Asked Questions

I'd like to add Full Accidental Damage Cover to my policy
You can only add Full accidental damage to a new policy at the time of purchasing. If you have an existing policy, you can only add Full Accidental Damage if you are either moving address or renewing your policy.

To add Full Accidental Damage to your policy, simply call us on 0333 043 2001.
How do I make changes to my home insurance policy?
If you’d like to make a change to your home insurance policy – like update your personal details, add or remove a joint policyholder or add extra items to your cover – just give our friendly Customer Service team a call on 0333 043 2001 and they’ll take care of this for you.
I'd like to discuss an existing home claim
If you have a question about an existing home insurance claim, we're here to help Monday to Friday, 8am - 5.30pm. Just give our friendly team a call on 0333 043 2034.
Do you offer live chat?

We also offer live chat across our sales pages, within Your Account and on our Help & Support page. Look out for the blue chat web chat icon at the bottom right of the page.

You can use web chat to and discuss any queries you may have with our Customer Services, Sales, Renewals, Claims and Payments & Finance team.

You can also make a payment if you’re in arrears, providing we already hold your payment method on your account.

See our opening hours here